Global project management for all-round support
Structural design and calculations for road and civil engineering works, layouts and earthworks, ground-structure interaction, 3D and building information modelling (BIM) are among our design and engineering department professionals’ major fields of expertise.
Our project mode organization guarantees our customers flexibility and adaptability in the management of operations, whether our specialists are working in France or abroad.
Upstream phase : pre-launch and RFT studies
- Technical assistance and support in the business development phase for French and international projects.
- Technical support missions for project managers, for major structure and linear infrastructure project design studies.
- Assignments involving technical co-ordination, integration and support for local design & engineering entities on international projects, taking foreign regulatory specificities into account.
- Assignments providing assistance and technical support for the Group’s foreign subsidiaries.
- Concrete support : customer specifications analysis, formula development and optimization with suppliers, drafting technical briefs on the subject of concrete.
Downstream phase : worksite preparation, construction, operation, maintenance
- Technical audits on complex and strategic projects, or projects with identified risks : technical and geotechnical hazards, design, construction, timeframes, etc.
- Technical assistance for major projects and complex works in the preparation and construction phase. The aim is to encourage the successful completion of our projects by thorough preparation and careful risk and hazard management.
- Concrete support : monitoring and advice for worksites in France with specific international assignments (selection of local materials, formula development and deployment assistance).
- Initiating and organizing knowledge-sharing meetings on technical issues
- Setting up, driving and promoting innovation and R&D initiatives in engineering, especially in the fields of materials, the performance-based approach, structural reinforcement and seismic compliance, and underground structures (fibred concrete arch segments, fire protection systems etc.).
- Developing ground-breaking techniques and processes in structural design, construction and reinforcement, taking sustainability on board : research and development of solutions which limit the carbon and environmental impact.
- Taking part in the work of national groups (AFGC, PN, etc.) and standards committees, organizing Eiffage Group’s external representation in professional bodies such as the FNTP, AFGC and FIB.
- Communicating our technical know-how : in-house training, publications in trade journals, national and international congresses : AFGC, FIB, IABSE, etc.
- Promoting the use of the digital model in collaboration with internal research and study structures, and the Group’s other business lines.
- Ensuring technical and technological monitoring.
- Developing partnerships with external research consultancies specializing in digital simulation and complex calculations.
Biep: the design office of Eiffage Génie Civil
In France, Europe and abroad, Biep assists you in the design and construction of your project.
Bringing to the sites the know-how of a company's engineering office, integrating the constraints of the sites and the methods of realization, and adapting to the most complex projects, the collaborators of BIEP take up very varied challenges in the field of structures and geotechnics.
BIEP is a real school of learning for the younger generation, and it is also a hundred or so men and women who put their tenacity, their curiosity, their thirst for learning and their high standards at the service of construction every day, in order to be at the forefront of tomorrow's infrastructures.
- Design of structures and special calculations (including variant studies).
- Estimation and costing of technical studies for projects.
- 3D modeling and digital mock-up (BIM).
- Management and planning of studies.
- Diagnosis and technical assistance upstream or during the project.
Our design office, Biep, was created more than 50 years ago
Generations of engineers have participated in thousands of projects that they have studied, calculated and designed, such as, in recent years, the future metro lines of Greater Paris, the Lyon-Turin Euralpine tunnel, the engineering structures of the E18 freeway in Norway and those of the A79 freeway in France, or the port of Lomé in Togo or the Singrobo-Ahouaty hydroelectric scheme in the Ivory Coast...
BSI® : a combination of ethics and aesthetics
The outstanding structure and international memorial Notre Dame de Lorette Memory Ring (62) imagined by architect Philippe Prost and built of the ultra- high performance fibred concrete BSI® developed by the Group, has won the American Concrete Institute's Excellence in Concrete Construction Award. Leader in the field of concrete research, the ACI rewards the innovative use of concrete and ground-breaking technologies in response to economic, environmental and aesthetic challenges.
Meet Florent, draughtsman on the Grand Paris project
The draughtsman is essential on a worksite : s/he designs the construction plans on 3D software like AutoCAD and Revit. These plans will be used to guide the works supervisors and site foremen in the field.
Stade Pierre-Mauroy - Elisa / Valode & Pistre / Cabinet d'Architecture Ferret
Any questions ?
Does your project require the expertise of our design and engineering department? Are you interested in the engineering professions? Contact our specialists giving details of your request.