Global project management for all-round support
Structural design and calculations for road and civil engineering works, layouts and earthworks, ground-structure interaction, 3D and building information modelling (BIM) are among our design and engineering department professionals’ major fields of expertise.
Our project mode organization guarantees our customers flexibility and adaptability in the management of operations, whether our specialists are working in France or abroad.
Upstream phase : pre-launch and RFT studies
- Technical assistance and support in the business development phase for French and international projects.
- Technical support missions for project managers, for major structure and linear infrastructure project design studies.
- Assignments involving technical co-ordination, integration and support for local design & engineering entities on international projects, taking foreign regulatory specificities into account.
- Assignments providing assistance and technical support for the Group’s foreign subsidiaries.
- Concrete support : customer specifications analysis, formula development and optimization with suppliers, drafting technical briefs on the subject of concrete.
Downstream phase : worksite preparation, construction, operation, maintenance
- Technical audits on complex and strategic projects, or projects with identified risks : technical and geotechnical hazards, design, construction, timeframes, etc.
- Technical assistance for major projects and complex works in the preparation and construction phase. The aim is to encourage the successful completion of our projects by thorough preparation and careful risk and hazard management.
- Concrete support : monitoring and advice for worksites in France with specific international assignments (selection of local materials, formula development and deployment assistance).
- Initiating and organizing knowledge-sharing meetings on technical issues
- Setting up, driving and promoting innovation and R&D initiatives in engineering, especially in the fields of materials, the performance-based approach, structural reinforcement and seismic compliance, and underground structures (fibred concrete arch segments, fire protection systems etc.).
- Developing ground-breaking techniques and processes in structural design, construction and reinforcement, taking sustainability on board : research and development of solutions which limit the carbon and environmental impact.
- Taking part in the work of national groups (AFGC, PN, etc.) and standards committees, organizing Eiffage Group’s external representation in professional bodies such as the FNTP, AFGC and FIB.
- Communicating our technical know-how : in-house training, publications in trade journals, national and international congresses : AFGC, FIB, IABSE, etc.
- Promoting the use of the digital model in collaboration with internal research and study structures, and the Group’s other business lines.
- Ensuring technical and technological monitoring.
- Developing partnerships with external research consultancies specializing in digital simulation and complex calculations.
BIEP : multiple assignments and services for the success of all your projects
Colombie, Chirajara bridge - Crédit : Eiffage / Archi Graphi
Eiffage Génie Civil’s design and engineering department is able to undertake the following services, either wholly or partly within the context of a project :
- Structural design and special calculations (including variant studies)
- Cost estimation of technical project studies
- 3D and building information modelling (BIM)
- Project management and study planning.
- Diagnosis and technical assistance upstream or during the project.
BSI® : a combination of ethics and aesthetics
The outstanding structure and international memorial Notre Dame de Lorette Memory Ring (62) imagined by architect Philippe Prost and built of the ultra- high performance fibred concrete BSI® developed by the Group, has won the American Concrete Institute's Excellence in Concrete Construction Award. Leader in the field of concrete research, the ACI rewards the innovative use of concrete and ground-breaking technologies in response to economic, environmental and aesthetic challenges.
Meet Florent, draughtsman on the Grand Paris project
The draughtsman is essential on a worksite : s/he designs the construction plans on 3D software like AutoCAD and Revit. These plans will be used to guide the works supervisors and site foremen in the field.
Stade Pierre-Mauroy - Elisa / Valode & Pistre / Cabinet d'Architecture Ferret
Any questions ?
Does your project require the expertise of our design and engineering department? Are you interested in the engineering professions? Contact our specialists giving details of your request.